I am a producer, composer and audio-engineer using sound as a tool to open-up subject matter.
I am a public engagement professional with a remit of growth through strategy, innovation and research.
I am an effective altruism research fellow using evidence and reason to do as much good as possible.
Inspire, innovate and lead on new opportunities to address needs.
Create positive cultural change by making research and education more accessible.
Apply evidence-based approaches across my work to inform decision making.
Forecast and share future public engagement trends as a researcher and practitioner.
- Employ deep listening to foreshadow the future, aid impact, and empower decision making.
- Make research and education as accessible as the air we breathe.
- Embed creative thinking to generate outside-the-box solutions.
- Dissolve and break down barriers to galvanise movement.
- Explore unknown territory with promising practice.
- Enrich current public engagement practice.
- Lift-up peers, and nurture people with experiential learning and opportunities.
- Advocate for the benefits of public engagement, and an engaged society at all times.
How do I achieve this?
- Research and evaluate the wider cultural landscape.
- Recognise and address barriers.
- Embed two-way tools to catalyse culture change e.g. digital technology, practice, and research.
- Focus on evidence-based practice, inter-disciplinary ideas, and inter-sector solutions to improve engagement and involvement.
- Appreciate that information across individuals, communities, and society is fluid.
- Act as a gateway to access external expertise.
- Inspire others with high quality, and innovative public engagement.
- Share research and evidence to inform decision-making.
- Put the infrastructure in place for effective policy, practice, and process for new spaces.
- Connect with other public engagement networks, communities, and professionals to draw on expertise and experience.
- Value and highlight diverse ideas and approaches.
- Champion integrity, transparency, openness, accountability, as well as respect.
What do I do?
- Consult and inform decision making: I problem-solve through innovation and evidence-based practice. I come up with new spaces and opportunities to dissolve barriers. I provide leadership and support on public engagement strategies by embedding public engagement as a tool for success.
- Research, share, and implement practice: I map-out and explore the current external cultural landscape in higher education, charities, and business through NCCPE “What Works“ approach, and by applying scientific thinking.
- Design, and deliver learning experiences: I develop and create memorable bespoke learning experiences, products, and services for internal and external stakeholders and communities. As a producer, musician and audio-engineer I use sound to make research more accessible.
Get in contact with me:
I would love to hear from you! Please get in touch if you would like to ask me anything, collaborate, just connect or share resources etc.
I am currently particularly looking to partner with those designing and partaking in novel experiences using sound or music as a tool for communication, those keen to utilise insights from higher education forecasting, or people trying to implement decision making practice.